Why Worry?

Monday June 21nd, 2014


 Don't Worry. God's Word Has You Covered – Godly Quotes 
The bible commands us to not worry. Jesus taught us that worry is one of the most ineffective pastimes that we acquire. Not one single hour is added to your life by worrying. Worry is the assassin of rest and of relationships. It steadily stalks us and hijacks the mind. While we may continue to function publicly, there is still a sinister force lurking within us. This enemy called a "sense of completion", which comes from within and which cannot be achieved by the mere acquisition of things.

Luke 12:34

 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.


We often wrestle with things we cannot change. In going into the summer, I had goals on internships I wanted to acquire and wanted to make sure everything I would be doing would be pleasing unto the Lord. Often like many, from the time you put in your application you start to think and worry on the possibilities, whether you will get accepted or not. By God's grace these thoughts also came into my head but I used God's prescription to combat the worry.

God's prescription for worry is prayer.  

Philippians 4:6-7 


"Be careful for nothing: but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God. And the pece of God which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hears and minds through Christ Jesus"


God took control of my situation this summer by allowing me to gain a meaningful volunteer experience I will be getting paid for and participating in a great leadership summer institute. It was all because I didn't let thoughts of worry, I prayed and leaned on him.

It was a blessing to attend one of the summer program I applied and got accepted to, NEW Leadership NJ. New Leadership is a program located at the Center for American Women and Politics within the Eagleton Institute of Politics. It is is a bi-partisan, residential program to educate college women about the political process and teach them to become effective leaders in their communities. I was apart of a national network of college woman from different socioeconomic backgrounds whom learnt from Women Leaders in the political sphere and addresses issues of diversity among many other topics.  I was also able to meet high ranking woman in public serve that I could build relationships with. It was an extra blessing to learn most were believers of God! It proves God truly reigns.



 I look forward to seeing where else God has for me. It won't involve worry,but sold out consecrated that God's got me. Do you believe he's got you?


Lets Connect on FacebookTwitterInstagram 

From your Sister in Christ ,

Janet Adeola Songonuga

Here is an excellent bible study on being free from worry and anxiety


 Some more pictures from the Program 
(Lieutenant Governor &Secretary of State for NJ)
(NJ Secretary of Higher Education)

Let this encourage you. God's got your life and love story. <3

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Nicely put. God's prescription for worry is indeed prayer - a focus on Him in whom we have complete peace and rest. I thank God for all the wonderful things He's doing in your life. Stay Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be approved before posting. Thank you so much for stopping by. May we run this Christian Race till the end. God Bless you!