5 Tips to NOT get so consumed with Social Media




One of the battles we face as youth that hinder our spiritual growth is social media. As I grow more in the Lord I am finding social media is in fact one of the strongest distractions our generation faces in growing in the Lord.
 However, if the Lord is leading you, as he leads me to stay as a means to share the gospel, connect with friends and family, and encourage them in the Lord it is still an awesome platform to have! But anything not done in moderation will definitely kill our spiritual life and social media is no different. 

Here are some tips that work for me:

1. Don't download the apps if it's avoidable. I have not had the Facebook app on my phone for over a year now. So when you want to go on it, you go the extra mile and use a browser, enter the URL and go on it,not just because of impulse.


2. Turn off all notifications. For my facebook notifications I get via emails because I don't have the app, I turned it off. If you do have apps, like for IG you need an app to post, turn off notifications on the apps.

 
3. If you ever feel overwhelmed at all, or feel it's eating too much of your time, FAST from it! Don't feel guilty! Deactivate Facebook and mentally ask the Lord to abstain! Tell an accountability partner so they can keep you accountable. 


4. Mute messages on Facebook from people who you feel are messaging you too much, and it's affecting your psyche. Don't be afraid to use the block button.God wants us to forgive, but he wants us to be wise.


5. The internet is your second permanent blueprint. If you don't want something out there do not post it. If you can't defend what you put out  or feel it will cause too much controversy that's not of the Lord, don't post it.




I hope this helps.

If you have any questions,please feel free to contact me. God Bless you!

Lets Connect on FacebookTwitterInstagram 


From your Sister in Christ ,



1 comment:

  1. Is there a way we can talk better so that the Light �� and Mantle the Lord Jesus have given you can be used to correct and direct others(sinners, backsliders, the confused, the novice) to the Narrow Road.

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be approved before posting. Thank you so much for stopping by. May we run this Christian Race till the end. God Bless you!