Failure is temporary

Monday, August 25th 2014

Isaiah 40:28-29

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

I am sure you have experienced failure. I have. But here is the thing, think of the last time you failed;then think of how you made it through that time; and then come back to the present second in which you are reading this...Aren't you past that previous failure? Aren't you alive right now, even when you thought you could have lost it all?
Failure is temporary. Failure is God's way to help you grow.
I have experienced so much failure even in this Christian walk. It's inevitable. The Lord tells us we will go through test and trials,even in faith. 
I remember a recent conversation I was having with a girlfriend; how.. now that I am in Christ, the same vices I had in the world were still causing me great pain. I felt, when I gave my life to Christ, I could pray and wait in God's timing, follow Him and feel no pain or tribulation from men in their pursuit of me. In the world actually, I was very ok with being by myself in terms of traveling and exploring and men were attracted to my independence.. I did meet many faithful men in the world; but they ultimately weren't leading me to Christ. When I gave my life to Christ I relearned the kind of men I was to allow in my life to marry and raise my children with. Anyway, what a rude awakening it has been with men and my relations in Christ. I have now, experienced failure more than once in this area. I was sharing with my girlfriend why was the Lord choosing this particular, area to hit me so hard. But you see failure was always temporary in those situations, and is temporary now. I had to go through these experiences to gain more wisdom. In getting to know another person, it exposes your own flaws, and so I saw many areas I had to personally grow in, that will prepare me for the man that wants to grow with me despite trials.
In times where we feel most weak, rejected, and a total failure, God comes right in and gives us strength to push us through. It's not a one time ordeal that failure may come, life is a continuous cycle of ups and downs so it's bound to happen again.
But...
A perfect example we can look to in truly defeating and conquering times of failure is our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. He came to live in flesh, to show us how to handle and live with our human emotions. Throughout the bible, from being tempted by the devil in multiple locations, to being persecuted and killed by the Jews, Jesus faced failure and overcame them!!!
So Brother, Sister what about you? Children of God, made in His own image!? What makes you think that mountain of a situation or that intense heartache won't move! It will! It sure will. Pray through the hard times, stay grounded and fixed on our helper Jesus Christ.
If you have yet to come to know Jesus, accept and invite Him in. He is open, willing, warm and wants to comfort you and make you completely whole. Unravel to Him where you've wronged Him, so He can beautifully write your love story in every area of your life as He is doing so in mine.
I love you and I am praying for you <3



Lets Connect on FacebookTwitterInstagram 

Where have you experienced failure and risen up again?

From your Sister in Christ ,





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be approved before posting. Thank you so much for stopping by. May we run this Christian Race till the end. God Bless you!