Michael Brown & Robin Williams

Wednesday, August 13th 2014

As a Christian I have come to know from God to number my days and apply wisdom to it, and to always know death can come at anytime, because our life is as a vapor able to vanish at any moment. We can never know when our lives will be taken. In our most selfish moments we need to find a way of hope,  because there are many out there whom we are far better than. In our little time of hurt we are still tremendously blessed.

As a person with a tremendous interest on the political climate of my surroundings I will like to talk and analyze two big stories that have come out this week. This is not to overshadow the loss of Mandela or Maya Angelou that I didn't blog about, but I am being lead to talk about these particular stories.

On August 9th, 2014 18 year old Michael Brown was shot 9 times in a row in Ferguson, Missouri.There are two accounts to what happened on this day, and to this black boy which sounded very similar,  to the story of Trayvon Martin which I also blogged about here

Account 1: Are from eye witness testimonies that watched the shooting take place. They state Brown was shot repeatedly while he raised his hands up in  surrender to the police unarmed. 





Account 2: Comes from the police. They claim Brown was antagonizing the police, borderline assaulting the officer that shoot him. They believe the only way for Brown to be restrained was to shoot him 9 times. Nine times. Nine times! He was unarmed.

I have confidence in our justice system, although I personally am going to school to make major improvements to policy aiding mental health victims, but I have confidence that this case will be investigated and Justice will be served. The ruling on the Trayvon Martin sounded a little unfair to many of us that witnessed it, but we knew why the verdict was the way it was. Just look at the jury people. My prayer is, in seeing all the official statements coming from major corporations that really care about civil rights(just google), real justice will be served and the jury in Michael Brown's case will be carefully chosen!




If you haven't checked out the social media campaign #IfTheyGunnedMeDown please do and chime in. The lack of respect for black men in many given areas is low and it could have happened to anyone we know.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now as for Robin Williams. The world was informed of his death and passing on Monday, August 11th, 2014. When I first saw the announcement on facebook I was like awe, "Mrs Doubtfire" and prayed a little prayer hoping he knew the Lord.  Then I clicked the article I came across, to learn more about the story and learned he committed suicide. I learned he had been battling depression for some time now. 

If you;ve never read the clinical description of depression please do so now in an effort to de=stigmatize mental illness http: 

//www.webmd.com/depression/news/20140812/depression-deadly?ecd=soc_fb_news_depressionturns 

[I loved WebMD's article. ]

This is  my passion, and I have been raised by God to really go to law school, and get a masters to overhaul the policy in this country. I personally believe the West has enough intelligence to really solve mental illness, but we treat the illness and not the patient. There is lack of holistic care. This is why my masters paper or PH.D. thesis will consist of how a relationship with God can aid in the curing of mental illness.


I just can't help but think did anyone introduce him to Jesus? Did he hear the gospel? Who were his caregivers when he went to the hospitaland during outpatient services? The thing is for me Jesus healed me of my mental illness, I strongly believe he could have healed Robin Williams's too. My prayer is for those he left behind, his wife and children, that a Christian around them encourages them and loves them first and foremost; then if there is an opportunity to share the gospel, then to please do so! 




Along with the bible verse above, I loved this quote I found:

"Addiction of the word of God, is the termination of depression"

Then this brings me to YOU reading this blog:


With all these deaths of great names we grew up with, comedians, activists, and poets this year, how far along is our turn? How long are we going to toy with sins like drunkenness, or lying. Or the sin of sex before marriage, especially with someone you know is treating you below what God says you are to be treated. Or the sin of cheating on your spouse, coveting, stealing, jealousy, or just not applying wisdom to your days? How long? The Lord is ready for you to repent, take command of your life and remove the love of sin from your heart. He is waiting for you stop living dazed & confused. God is waiting to secure your eternal destination in case your day of death is tonight. How long will it take for you to surrender your life to Jesus?


Giving my life to Jesus has truly been the sweetest thing. He grants me so much favor among men, but most of all to HIM. I am eternally grateful, its not easy but the joy and peace I receive away from this failing world and failing body I am in, is amazing. 




Lets Connect on FacebookTwitterInstagram 

From your Sister in Christ ,







Sources: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be approved before posting. Thank you so much for stopping by. May we run this Christian Race till the end. God Bless you!