Happy One Year in FAITH Birthday!

Monday, November 25th, 2013

WOW! Today marks my BORN-AGAIN ANNIVERSARY. A year today on November 25th, 2012, I knelt down before God, as my mom and pastor were my witness and surrendered my life to Jesus Christ, and received him into my life. I really thank God for all the people God brought into my life to encourage me, the people that came in for a season and those who stayed. I can stand here with a significantly higher GPA , a Congressional intern with the United Stated Congress, a woman of God that is saved, sinless, sanctified and baptized. And trading in the pleasures of this world to receive and live out the best free gift of salvation forever.

 I learned so much while really living for God, and I would like to share it with you. These can also be an indicator of whether you are Born-Again.


    1. There must be a set date you know you surrender your life to Jesus Christ. Mine again was November 25th, 2012. The founder of my church, Deeper Life Christian Ministries, Pastor W.F.Kumuyi gave his life at 23 years of age on April 5th, 1964. When you read the bible, every great person with a lengthy story had one day they encountered Christ for themselves. Check out Paul. For those who grew up in the church like me. Be not deceived. We CANNOT give parts of our lives to Christ, and think there is power  from God flowing through our veins. Honey, that power is FALSE and one day you'll fall and get in deep trouble, and you can't blame God because you never served him, he doesn't know you!

     2. Restitution is very important! If you go to a good bible believing church, or you read your bible yourself. You'll know after salvation comes being sanctified (sanctification), and then comes your restitution! Restitution is going to whoever you have wronged apologizing to them and repaying them back whatever you took! I had to do this to my parents. It wasn't until I did my restitution I started to grow more spiritually and I became sanctified.


      3. The Vices of the world are not worth it when you partake in it! Drinking, smoking, pre-marital sexing, stealing, lying to get instagram likes, you name it, if it's not Jesus and things that are good, pure, noble it ain't worth it! What you are learning in church and if you have christian Born Again parents, listen to them!

      4. Guard your heart! What you watch and listen to, sow seeds in your heart that will eventual reap something! If you are sowing seeds of evil you will start to produce evil. Whatever was a problem for you in the world, if you don't abstain from it, you will keep having that problem. If you are so adamant on staying a virgin till marriage but you are listening to the hottest singers of the world, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Kanye, Trey-Songz, Chris Brown, Adele talking about bumping and grinding,  don't be surprised when your legs are opened to this person you thought you loved but LUSTED pre- marriage! It is not a coincidence Jesus himself prayed upon each and every one of us:
Matthew 15:12-14
Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

I pray today every plant that has not been planted by God himself,be rooted out of your life in Jesus name!

      5. Modesty is important. VERY IMPORTANT. Not only for woman but also for man. Women are being so deceived by the devil. The media tells us it's ok to use our body to get what we  want, but it's just giving us curse after curse. We woman attract the wrong men, get the wrong type of attention, and all of Gods glory in which he created us is wiped FAST away from us. Ladies the way in which God made us,means we are so beautiful and delicate. Therefore our bodies are so precious and we are to cover it and keep that glory. We are NOT a piece of meat, sexy, and not the world's eye feast. Not dressing modestly creates the
sexual perversion problem many of us have. I personally have given up pants for skirts to keep my feminist glory, I don't wear makeup because I am perfect the way I am, and I don't wear jewelry because that's a custom of the Egyptians in the bible, I come from the linage of Jesus and Israelite. If you are looking to learn more about modesty and bring back this lost virtue please visit: 

    6. If you truly want God to show you himself then you must be willing to change. PERIOD. I used to wear pants, jewelry, makeup, all these things but because I surrendered my entire life to Christ he stripped me of those things. I prayed to God to give me wisdom, he told me to not talk to guys after 11pm, so I won't be tempted. He had me set apart Fridays to really fast and pray. Just be willing to change, you can't become new if you are holding on to the old.

    7. You need to pray that God will lead you to people who are also growing in faith. I am so blessed God has brought into my life people who are aspiring to grow closer to the Lord and stay in faith, everyday! Persecution is real! As a child living for God in your youth, you will not be liked and you will be often alone. But if you have that sister, or brother to pray with around your age, whose goal is heaven too, oh man what a blessing!!

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

  8. The church you go to and listen to matters! Some people who don't       know the true power within my church ask me why I go to Deeper Life Bible Church. One, you may want to know it has the third largest congregation in the world. SO surely God is doing signs and wonders in the church. As a child of God, if you are going to a church that all you are doing is dancing and singing and nothing is convicting you to stop sleeping with your girlfriend or boyfriend, stop stepping outside your marriage,stealing or lying something is seriously wrong!

9. Almost done. But the peace you have now you are BORN-AGAIN you must spread, share to your family first and then to the world. The great commission was to go into all the world and preach the gospel, ask people to pray for them, write a verse on social media, invite people to church! Everyday it's a 50 percent chance we will live or die! No hour is promised!

10. Finally, as a born again again Christian, Christianity is to be enjoyed, not endured! Have fun in Christ. Go for a run and blast gospel music. Get together with some brothers and sisters and eat and laugh! Gosh, having fun in Christ is the best! And doing it with others who truly fear God and want his plans for your life fulfilled; Man it's so wonderful!!!!!

11. Bonus: Some desires you have will not change. When you take a leap of faith into really living for Christ, some think God strips you of everything. He strips the filth. But if some of your desires are healthy but you've just been perverting it, he will use it for his glory. For example marriage.I have had such a heavy desire for marriage. But instead of stepping out of God's will, I now can keep that desire and do it God's way <3

Sharing part of my testimony in church

And I just absolutely love this song! Because I truly have found something worth living for!


What have you learned in faith?

Lets Connect on FacebookTwitterInstagram 

From your Sister in Christ with a Servants Heart,
Janet Adeola Songonuga

*Please "Like", comment, and share this post if this spoke to you. Subscribe to the right for more.*
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be approved before posting. Thank you so much for stopping by. May we run this Christian Race till the end. God Bless you!