What you think, may not be God's best.

Friday, February 14th 2014

I thought he was "the one" (prob the 5th time I have said that about a guy). He told me because we had been friends for a year he was really impressed with me; he was in pursuit of a wife and therefore he felt I would make a great wife. He was in his thirties and I was 20. I was single. I had just broken up with a brother who was Born-Again but I couldn't understand why he wanted to be my bf, but didn't want to see me, he said it was to avoid fornication, to me it just didn't seem right plus I wasn't Born-Again, my heart was still full of lust, so what did I know. 

Moving on...

So Mr. takes me out on a weekend extravaganza and again let's me know his intent with me. I liked the attention therefore I went. I didn't accept his offer to be his girlfriend that weekend though, but in a month I did. He kept pursuing me, I desired marriage and the attention, therefore I accepted the offer. Finally, I felt this dating thing would be over. I truly felt I had met my husband. He made it clear that was the end goal,came to my house to meet my mom and was making plans to meet my dad. 
If you were my facebook friend you should have seen all the pictures of us. I sure was not about that "don't make it official till its certified" life, back then. I was a mess. But that mess didn't stop that desire for artificial love from my Mr. though.
Ok. So that love may have been real. In our times of partying, cooking, fornication, traveling there were times that 1st Corinthians 13 type of love could have been displayed. But it's clear in the bible, God says:

John 14:15

 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

We went to church together and therefore I thought he was God's best for me. But when I received Jesus Christ into my life, November 25th, 2012; I knew what I thought was God's best for me, wasn't Gods best. Why? Because if I, or Mr. truly loved God we would keep his commandments. We would not be dating behind my parents back, meaning without a formal introduction to parents; we would not be fornicating when the bible says flee fornication; and we would have constantly been in fellowship with the Lord.I knew that day I had to break up with him. I left the comfort of a future marriage God did not approve, to truly serve the Lord.We went back and fourth for a month, on how he was also on a purist to receive the Lord. But the bible is clear:

Psalm 1:1-2

 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

I was brought into the light, therefore I had to let go of the darkness.Yes I cared for Mr. but he had to gain his personal pursuit of the Lord, and seek him on his own. I had to pass the test to let him find the Lord on his own. 

Sister or brother, who or what do you feel or think is God's best for you. God's best, matches up with the Word of God. By reading the bible you are able to approve what is just, pure, and acceptable in his sight. God would not lead you to be a thief and say because you have no food you need to steal today, some may say that's God's best for the person, but no ,indeed God will provide and that's not his best.

Today on Valentine's day I am not sure, who or what you think is God's best. Is that relationship you are in right now God's best? Is the brother or sister you are friends with God's best? Is your attitude God's best? Is your clothing God's best.  Is your job or choice of study God's best? But you will know what is Gods best, by the fruit that's being displayed on the tree. 

Matthew 7:15-20


 Ye shall know them(it) by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

My challenge to you today is to seek God's face. To come out of any filth you have identified as not being Gods best for you. When you truly let go of that which is not God's best then God will bring or reveal what truly is to you.

I am standing and praying in agreement with you.


(If you live in Northern NJ, My co-leader and I would love to meet you :) 

From your Sister in Christ with a Servants Heart,

Janet Adeola Songonuga


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be approved before posting. Thank you so much for stopping by. May we run this Christian Race till the end. God Bless you!