COMMISSIONED TO PREACH THE GOSPEL

   Wednesday August 14th, 2013. 

Hello everyone. I wanted to blog about this on Monday, August 12th. But I was consumed with reading the word and fell asleep from my Occupy Earth bible study(I will be blogging on Biblical Fellowship a little later).

Anyway all day, this past Monday I was feeling a sort of heartache. A strong pull in my heart, and chest. This was not something physical but spiritual. So I did what I knew to do which was to kneel, sit in front of my bible and start reading. I also needed and did start praying. I read the chapters of Mark I had intended to read and really study. I then attempted to read the assigned reading for my Monday night Occupy Earth Bible Study, it was on Acts 8. I read through it and I knew it was about preaching and Phillip preaching. Honestly I remembered from when I had read it two weeks ago when I was praying to be baptized by the Holy Ghost & Tongues and received it. I couldn't really focus on the Acts 8 reading because my heart was really aching and I knew God was really trying to tell me something.

Anyway, I was also abstaining from a couple things, therefore dying of my flesh  so I was really in tune with the spirit. At the usual time, my sisters and I headed out to our Occupy Earth bible study. We get there and those who had arrived were already singing songs, so I joined in. I started to feel a little ease but the ache was still there. After songs our group leader Ebenezer starts to lead prayers, so I naturally start praying, he then starts to sing this hymn that goes :


Where he leads me, I will follow
Or
Where he calls me, I will follow

Something like that...and I IMMEDIATELY started CRYING, I could no longer contain my emotions. It was around 7:30PM and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ finally revealed to me, I needed to take his calling and take up the cross from just behind Social Media and on the school campus but to now preach the gospel unashamed on the streets. I immediately started thanking God and letting him know I will follow!

Funny enough a couple things happened before this day:

  • I had been having vision/dreams about me preaching in a particular park for some while now, but never went. (This happened to be the first Park I went to go preach the word, you'll see in the video)
  • A lovely brother of mine, a member of my church, blessed with the gift of Prophetic and Visions saw a vision of me in a picture being pointed to by a famous preacher. So essentially I will be used by God to preach his word(something I have been praying since I became born again in November 2012)
God is truly amazing! I am just in awe of him. I am so blessed to know him, be saved by  him, and to be  used for his awesome work and glory!

HERE IS A RECAP OF DAY 1(Aug. 13th) on the mission field to win souls for JESUS!!!!!!



A few Pictures

Blessed my younger sister wanted to join!




(My sister Bernice)

(How we drew attention towards Jesus)
I will be keeping you all updated. Easiest way to stay up the date on all my evangelism adventures is following me on Facebook and Twitter

I will be out sharing the Gospel, today Wednesday and Friday of this week. Same place in Spiotta Park, in South Orange, NJ from 1PM-3PM. Hope to see you!


From your Sister in Christ with a Servants Heart,
Janet Adeola Songonuga

*Please "Like", comment, and share this post if this spoke to you. Subscribe to the right for more.*



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be approved before posting. Thank you so much for stopping by. May we run this Christian Race till the end. God Bless you!