Lukewarm Christians: I was BORN AGAIN when I was 6,10 or in 7th grade

Friday August 30th , 2013


Revelation 3:16

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Blog number 3 on my Lukewarm Christian Series.

DISCLAIMER: This blog does not claim to discredit people that truly gave their life to Christ at ages 6,10, or in the 7th grade. Those that have since lived and walked in the way of the Lord. When trials and tribulations came they leaned on the God all mighty and their sword and shield the BIBLE to win all their life battles.

Now that's out of the way,if you are someone who does claim to be BORN AGAIN and gave your life to receive Jesus Christ into your lives when you were 6 or 7 years of age, in the 7th grade or at a young age and you don't understand the bible, it's scriptures, and intercessory prayer is needed when you face temptation in sin or a dilemma then I would HIGHLY recommend you reconsider your Born Again stance.

I regularly come across Christians, well maybe not regularly but I have come across "Christians" who tell me they gave their life to Jesus when they were ya tall and ya high. But the things I hear and see on social media and presently in their life, I'll say if Jesus came this very second, I think they'll be scattering real fast to clean up their act; if they feel conviction anymore that is.

If you were able to read my testimony on how I became truly BORN AGAIN at the age of 21, then you'll see I mentioned I had received Jesus into my life at the age of 10 years old. But because I didn't endeavor to read my bible or seek the things of God I fell into deep sin. So this can be true but in exploring the word and growing as a mature Christian, I wasn't born again, until last year when I repented ALL my sins(the ones I could remember), and sought to truly live a life for Christ despite any distractions.

Let me explain:

From every bible character, to Jesus's words(perfect man), to every verse, when someone identifies with Jesus they are expected to keep the ordinances of God(his rules)

Colossians 2:20

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

This Colossians verse explains when your sins die with Christ who bore your sins, then you should not live like the world. In my generation's scenario, as Christians these social media trends like "lesbian crush Wednesdays" are NOT acceptable; also cursing is a big one, as Christians if you aren't striving to rid your mouth of cursing that's a problem. Our mouths produce blessings NOT curses.

The bible identifies some people who have said the salvation prayer might still be living in fear. In fact there is a ministry called Deliverance, and it's done for people who might have unclean spirits within them but consciously known they are a child of God. THIS is not for those types of people. Honestly when you have TRUE salvation and are born again you should feel JOY, HAPPINESS, you should wanna skip and do a cartwheel..honestly:

Philippians 2:12-13

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

If you are saved? For whatever reason, if you are trembling with fear know you no longer live by your strength. God lives within you and his strength is now your strength. Many lukewarm Christians who ride on their salvation from him how many years ago, don't know their body isn't theirs. They go around doing their own things and not God's status and rules. In turn their cycle of sin is endless.

James 1:22

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Luckily for all of us, this exact James 1:22 verse is repeated all through out the bible in different words. This is why I recognized although I may have been a Jesus Lover in middle school and high school. I clearly heard the word of God, about lying, stealing, and whatever sin I chose to do, by not being a doer of the word. In my Jesus loving state I clearly rejected the word of God. so NO, I can not claim I was Born Again, I was a sinner in need of God's redemption. I didn't have a personal relationship with the Son of God Jesus. I played religion. So if any of those people that claim to be born again ions ago they are in error. As believers of Jesus Christ we OBEY , DAILY to his commandments. And when there may be a lustful thought that comes in our mind, or inkling of sin we are about to commit, our holy spirit convicts us real real fast. If you aren't ushering the presence of God into your life daily the holy spirit is staying CLEAR from your heart.

1 Peter 3:15

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

You know and see a true believer when they are striving to know the lord. Yes it's true many will and have started to grow weary of doing God's work and living for God. This is enemy wanting to attack, but look there is a verses for that, God recognizes this and tells us in Galatians 6:9 to not be weary in doing good because there is always a reward for good works!! So in this 1st Peter verse it talks about sanctification. Once you receive salvation you must and can't stay at that. God naturally will allow you to get closer to him; but you have free will and it's how much effort you put into it. You must strive to be sanctified, to be SET APART from this world, and then to have your adamic nature of sin die! Being a Sunday, Sunday, once in a while Christian won't get you anywhere in life, but confusion,sorrow, and wondering if there really is a GOD.

Lastly:

Galatians 5:16-21

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
16 Let me explain further. Live your life as your spiritual nature directs you. Then you will never follow through on what your corrupt nature wants. 17 What your corrupt nature wants is contrary to what your spiritual nature wants, and what your spiritual nature wants is contrary to what your corrupt nature wants. They are opposed to each other. As a result, you don’t always do what you intend to do. 18 If your spiritual nature is your guide, you are not subject to Moses’ laws.
19 Now, the effects of the corrupt nature are obvious: illicit sex, perversion, promiscuity, 20 idolatry, drug use, hatred, rivalry, jealousy, angry outbursts, selfish ambition, conflict, factions, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild partying, and similar things. I’ve told you in the past and I’m telling you again that people who do these kinds of things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ok, again no way could I have been born again. According to the above as a child of God, saved, and sanctified you must live in  the spirit and not the FLESH. I was into illicit sex, perversion, promiscuity, drug use, hatred  rivalry, jealousy,  anger, selfish, in conflict with others, envious, drunken  and partied .DANG! I broke all the commandments. SO YOU please, CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A JOKE. THE spitting and WHIPPING JESUS got on that cross is not to be played with. If you identify as a Christian and have broken those sins above, you are NOT born again.

But listen if you've already realized you are/were not living right with God and have realized your mistakes, then THAT date is when you truly repented and gave your life to Jesus Christ. If you are reading this blog and realize you are living in error, that you are around lukewarm christian friends or unbelievers, that you are in a church that chooses to gratify the flesh but won't point out things that will get you into hell, but glosses over matters that detest God, it is NOT TOO LATE. Brother, sister kneel down, today say, Jesus I am sorry and repent of all my sins. I pray you forgive me and wash my clean with your blood. I receive you into my life. I pray to live for you and only you. AMEN
AMEN, you must now believe you are washed clean. You must now make up your mind to read the word of God to grow in knowledge and grow in faith.

I understand this blog may be a sensitive issue. Because as many Christians want to remind me,that only JESUS sees the heart of man. In the God also says when you pray God can reveal the heart of man to you. There are many Christians in error. I was once one of them..

God Bless you <3. Till my next topic on the series...


(Last meeting/outing with my Pinky Promise Sisters)
Lets Connect on FacebookTwitterInstagram 

From your Sister in Christ with a Servants Heart,
Janet Adeola Songonuga

*Please "Like", comment, and share this post if this spoke to you. Subscribe to the right for more.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be approved before posting. Thank you so much for stopping by. May we run this Christian Race till the end. God Bless you!